|06:01 pm - The Daily Snitch: Thursday 10 January|
Joanne K. Rowling – Life and Books:
• Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire Illustrated Edition set for release this October.
Harry Potter – Actors and Movies:
• Jessie Cave Discusses Creating & Publishing Comedy Show ‘Sunrise’ – On U.K. Tour This Year!.
Fantastic Beasts – Actors and Movies:
• “Crimes of Grindelwald” and Alfonso Cuarón Score BAFTA Nominations.
Harry Potter & The Cursed Child – Actors and Stage:
• “Harry Potter and the Cursed Child” Releases Its First Friday Forty Tickets in Australia.
• snapecase is currently posting.
• rarepair_shorts is currently posting.
• daily_deviant posted one Pansy Parkinson/Daphne Greengrass fic (E) and one Sirius Black/James Potter fic (E).
• hp_kinkfest Claiming is Open.
• snape_potter 2019 Fest Schedule.
Masterlists and Weekly Round-ups:
• hoggywartyxmas posted Thank You and Reveals.
• hd_owlpost posted the Week 4 Round Up.
• The Double Closet by anokaba (Harry Potter/Draco Malfoy; M)
Summary:It’s a constant coming out. Getting bruised on both sides. Feeling invisible without the cloak.
Recced by gracerene09, writcraft, and nerakrose.
• A Very Blorpy Christmas by pukingpastilles (Harry Potter/Draco Malfoy; T)
Summary:Harry gets stuck doing Christmas decorations with Draco.
Recced by o0o-chibaken-o0o, nerakrose, and satans-substitute.
• Slumming with the Staff by mywitch (Multiple characters, Rated G through E)
Summary: It's Christmas week 1992 and Gilderoy Lockhart was easily coaxed to share with us his journal. I've included some drawings as well, to clarify things.
Recced by Squibstress, pyttan, and kellychambliss.
• The Neville Sweater by Cabepfir (Neville Longbottom, G)
Summary: Neville receives his first Weasley sweater. You decide which Weasley is the sender.
Recced by kellychambliss and sigune.
• The Final Year of the War by jodel_from_aol (Multiple Hogwarts Professors and students, G)
Summary: Title says it all.
Recced by kellychambliss and sigune.
• with exactness grinds he all by thistle-verse (Harry Potter/Draco Malfoy; E, 6,300 words)
Summary:Harry has known the forest, and now he knows Draco.
Recced by gracerene09, magpiefngrl, and phd-mama.
• Sex and the Art of Castle Maintenance by birdsofshore (Harry Potter/Draco Malfoy; E, 15,000 words)
Summary:"Come on, boys," Zabini drawled. "You’re only delaying the inevitable." Trouble always had a way of finding Harry, and eighth year was obviously going to be no exception.
Recced by bixgirl1, o0o-chibaken-o0o, and pukingpastilles.
• Star Quality by who_la_hoop (Harry Potter/Draco Malfoy; E, 118,000 words)
Summary:Two years after the war, and Harry’s content with his life. OK, so it’s a little annoying that he keeps winning Witch Weekly’s Most Eligible Bachelor award, and he’s not looking forward to the unveiling of an enormous gold statue of himself, but he loves his friends, and he loves being an Auror. And if he yearns for something more, something he can barely bring himself to think about, well, he’ll probably get over it. No one’s happy all the time, are they? But then everything changes, and Harry’s thrown into a new and dazzling world he’s not sure he can actually escape from. And as time goes on, he starts to wonder: does he actually want to?
Recced by gracerene09, anemonen, and whiskyandwildflowers.
• The Paradox of Active Surrender by korlaena (Fic) and saulaie (Art) (Harry Potter/Draco Malfoy; E, 107,000 words)
Summary:When Draco shows up as a suspect in a murder case after eight years of no contact, Harry has to balance his professional life and his past friendship with Draco. As suspicion mounts against him, Harry knows he has to keep his distance, but Draco makes that difficult when he starts claiming that they have a Life Debt to settle. Harry wants to trust him, but what is he hiding and where has he been these long years?
Recced by gracerene09, lower-east-side, and candawrites.
• Haeligeweille by redsnake05 (Argus Filch, Mrs Norris, T, 8050 words)
Summary: When two Unspeakables set out on a bright summer day to continue their arcane research into holy wells, no one, least of all Argus Filch and Evadne Norris, expects it to end as it does. The bitterness of life without magic is pervasive, corrosive, and there is little light to find their way. One day, though, they'll walk that sunny path again.
Recced by lash-larue, Squibstress, alisanne, and minervas-eule.
• Do Badgers Dream of Chocolate Hobnobs? by gingertart50 (Multiple Hogwarts Staff and students, G, 5500 words)
Summary: Pomona Sprout decided that Albus Dumbledore had his own agenda and there might be more to the Potions Master than met the eye; or, what happens when people underestimate a badger.
Recced by minervas-eule, pyttan, christev, and sigune.
• Filius Flitwick’s Christmas by Therealsnape (Multiple characters, PG, 13,000 words)
Summary: Right,” said Kingsley Shacklebolt, as Minerva and he sat in her study, now fully cleared of the dinner things. “There’s the five of you, there’s the House Elves, there’s Argus Filch. And there’s one hell of a mess, with a spoiled painting. This wants clearing up."
Recced by milotzi, kellychambliss, and sigune.
• Tower Dwellers by Purplefluffycat (Aurora Sinistra, Sybill Trelawney, PG, 3400 words)
Summary: On Christmas Eve, Aurora takes in the universe, and the neighbouring turret. Which is further away?
Recced by minervas-eule and kellychambliss.
• themasque 20 new articles on The BDSM Garden.
• This Week in Fandom, Volume 101.
• The OTW is Recruiting Tag Wranglers, Proofreaders, and Copyeditors.
• Quantum Harry, the Podcast, Episode 30: Harry and Tarot.
• Rare Black Seal Rescue Named After Narcissa Malfoy.
Please send your fandom news to the Daily Snitch.